Our goal is to provide our patients with a pain-free and healthy mouth.
Baldivis Veterinary Dentist
We have an in house Veterinary Dentist with special qualifications and experience in the area Veterinary Dentistry.
With the use of our digital IM3 dental xray machine, and new IM3 dental machine, we are able to offer the best in veterinary dental care for your pet.
Dental xrays will detect any dental disease occurring below the gum line (such as the tooth roots) which we can not normally be detected on examination alone.
We now offer a special discounted packaged called a COHAT
A complete oral health assessment and treatment.
- Pre-anaesthetic physical examination, review of diet, chewing habits, homecare strategies currently in place and blood profile.
- GA to examine each tooth.
- Intravenous Fluids during the anaesthetic.
- Periodontal probe is used to check for pockets and the gum tissue is examined for inflammation.
- The crowns of the teeth are cleaned with hand and ultrasonic instruments to remove plaque and calculus.
- An ultrasonic scaler or hand instruments are then used UNDER the gums which are the most critical part of treating periodontal disease – this is why we don’t do anaesthesia free dental cleanings.
- Dental radiographs are taken to evaluate the bone and roots beneath the gum line.
- Any teeth with periodontal disease are treated or extracted.
- If no further treatment is needed, then the teeth are polished.
- At discharge, a discussion of pathology found (photos, x-rays) and the treatments performed.
- Personalised dental homecare.